Greg Bennick is BACK!!! for another great episode. Greg Bennick is the author of the upcoming official biography of Ernest Becker. Greg has been speaking on stages worldwide for over thirty years.
Greg is a performer, thought provoker, punk rock singer, and world traveller who infuses ideas and action everywhere he goes. He is the Executive Director and founder of One Hundred for Haiti, a non-profit supporting development programs in rural Haiti, and he is a co-founder of the Portland Mutual Aid Network, which collectively supports the houseless and unsheltered community in Portland, Oregon. He lives in Seattle, Washington.
- See Greg’s previous episode with us here >
- Contact Greg: gregbennick.com
- Check out our research study on dreams, death anxiety and religion. Open to all >18 years dreamteam.study
Links from our discussion
- Dr Rachel Menzies on her book about denial of death “Mortals”
- Freeman Dyson and Stephen Blackwood: On the Freedom of Thought and Nature
- Ernest Becker books
- Dominion: The Making of the Western Mind by Tom Holland
- Dr Iain McGilchrist “The Matter with Things”
- Rene Girard, Scapegoats
- Yukio Mishima Sun and Steel
Information: Religious affiliation in Australia
Academic paper: Riordan, D.V. The Scapegoat Mechanism in Human Evolution: An Analysis of René Girard’s Hypothesis on the Process of Hominization. Biol Theory 16, 242–256 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s13752-021-00381-y